Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Decide what you REALLY want

"Tone, Fit, Cut, Big, Skinny, Lose some weight, gain some weight..."
If I had a penny for every time I heard these, I'd be sipping tea with Bill Gates. While it's good that people are unhappy with their progress and want to change, it is statements like these that cause so many to be unsuccessful in attaining them.
Imagine saying, "I just want to go north-east-ish" when trying to get to New York. How long will it take to get there? How about this one, "I just want to learn stuff" instead of picking out a specific degree plan. Once the END result is chosen, a plan is put in place, a time-line is chosen, and a road map is decided on. NOW move forward with excitement in knowing you have a goal, a plan and time-line in place, and you have everything you need to be successful in attaining this dream.
Instead of saying "toned", say,"I want to lose 5% body fat with a 5% increase of lean muscle, especially in my legs cause I want them to look hot by spring break". Now remember that's not MY dream. BUT, make it your OWN, pick a specific goal, choose specific targeted muscles to work, and a deadline in place for the finished product. Stay consistent, and voila!
So what's holding you back?
Be Bold,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment