Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

Gas cars don't run on diesel fuel

Alright, I've got a visual lesson for all you visual learners.
Imagine a hamburger as diesel fuel. I know, "I don't eat gas, I have gas." But just humor me.

Diesel is heavier and oilier than gasoline, therefore it sinks to the bottom, and is the 'unused' portion of the refining process. The same is true with all of the complex carbohydrates, trans fats, highly complex sugars (high fructose corn syrup) and other extremely oily foods. Once the body breaks down simple fuels, all other compounds are shipped off to storage for future breakdown and release.
READ-FAT STORAGE. This is
bad.
We need to be trimming our waistlines by letting go of all of our fat stores to use for recovery from workouts, and burning up what we intake during our workouts. Here's a good way to start.
I want you to focus on buying and eating the foods your body can easily breakdown and readily turn into energy for your workouts. This is lean meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, etc. Next, burn more than you're consuming. We don't need to be keeping energy stores around for later use, we want to use them all up now, like today.
Speaking of today, did I tell you I burned 350 calories on my HIIT cardio workout alone, and probably that much again for recovery? 700 calories burned from a 30 minute workout...Amazing. Just thought I'd throw that out there... Keep up the hard work!
Get out there and be BOLD!
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment