Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2009

Overcoming Obstacles-Be Prepared

You know, it's kind of like life in general. The better prepared we are for an emergency, the better off we are in handling them when they come up. I don't know where you come from, but life comes at me pretty fast. Just yesterday I was looking at the Marine Corps like it was a the biggest monster I'd ever faced. But I knew that it had to be tamed, or it was for sure going to kill me.
So I got some friends and we ran a bit. I thought ahead, and we did some strength and endurance training. I worked myself quite hard I thought. Then, I joined. I still got my backside handed to me on a silver platter with a doggie bag to go. And looking back now, over 13 years later (WOW), I didn't quit, I didn't give up, I didn't fall out, I DID NOT FAIL-because I was prepared. My mind was already in the mode of-this is going to hurt, I am not going to like it, I am going to see blood, sweat, and tears before this is all said and done. But I will not be the one to raise my hand to ask for the call home to mommy and daddy because I was not made of tough enough stuff. So I hung in there.
And three wonderful months later (yeah right), on Dec 23rd 1995, I was a United States Marine. Nothing I can ever do will ever top the pride in me as my Dad watched me walk across the parade deck as a man. I left some things out on the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego that I will never get back. On all accounts, I don't think I ever want them back. But the simple fact is I had to GIVE, I had to SACRIFICE, I had to push my self FURTHER and HARDER than I ever thought I could ever go before. But I made it, I won the prize.
Whatever that prize is for each of you, know that it is out there, waiting. It has your name on it. Yours and yours alone. It's gonna hurt, and you're gonna want to quit, and obstacles bigger than you think you can handle will stand in your way. But if you prepare for it, and know they are coming, because they will; you will definitely overcome them. What's your dream? Have you prepared for the journey? You can make it if you prepare.

Be BOLD!
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment